Open Access: Creative Commons and open publishing
This session will compare different publishing arrangements for open access in research and other creative projects. The topics covered will be helpful for anyone wanting a better understanding of open publishing.
The workshop will be presented by Peter Gray, Copyright Manager for Deakin University.
We will discuss:
- copyright being closed by default
- the benefits and limitations of different open publishing models
- Creative Commons licences – how they work for authors and readers
- different open publishing licence agreements
- where to get further information and advice.
This workshop is targeted at researchers, librarians, authors and other content creators. All Deakin staff and students are welcome to attend.
Important access information
This training session will take place online via Zoom. You will receive a reminder with the link and password to the session one day before the training. This information is also included in the calendar invitation sent along with your confirmation email. If you cannot attend on the day, please feel free to register anyway and we'll send you links to resources after the session.
Add to Calendar
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 11:00am - 12:00pm